I am taking off for a three-week trip to Las Vegas and the Bay Area. So, you can expect to see more about these cities here in the coming days.
Until then, here are some Vegas fun facts for you...
- Gambling was once made illegal here in 1930 (thankfully reversed the very next year!)
- The Golden Gate Hotel and Casino was the first hotel & casino to open in Vegas - the year was 1906!
- The Mirage was the first 'mega resort' and opened in 1989 at a cost of $630 million
- 89% of all visitors gamble in Sin City, with an average gambling budget of $500
- About 150 couples get married in Las Vegas every day
- Bugsy Siegel named his casino, The Flamingo, for the long legs of his sweetheart